Full Stack Software Engineer - Job Description
You will be joining the core development team to solve the most important engineering challenges. You will be building new features and optimising code to enhance the Talkative products. Work will vary between front end, back end, security and client deployments. Expect to be working on challenging problems and learning every day.
You will be working alongside skilled colleagues in a fast-paced startup environment. You will be encouraged to solve problems creatively. It's important to have a strong work ethic and a willingness to learn quickly. You will be supported and mentored throughout your time with Talkative. This is a position at the Talkative HQ, next to the Celtic Manor Resort in Newport.
Full time positions and internships available.
Responsibilities & Skills
- Design, build and implementation of new product features
- Working on existing products with the team
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimisation of product for maximum speed and scalability
- Varied work between front end and back end
- Implementation of security
- Customer deployments and support
- RESTful HTTP & WebSockets technologies
- PHP and related frameworks
- Experience of automated test platforms including unit & system tests
- Understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Interest in the latest technology
- Clear communication skills and a desire to work in a startup environment
- Self motivation, initiative and resourcefulness
- Understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, web functions and standards
- Any exposure to WebRTC and SIP would be a distinct advantage