Full Stack Software Engineer:
You will be joining the core development team to solve the most important engineering challenges. You will be building new features and optimising code to enhance the Talkative products. Work will vary between front end, back end, security and client deployments. Expect to be working on challenging problems and learning every day.
You will be working alongside skilled colleagues in a fast-paced startup environment. You will be encouraged to solve problems creatively. It's important to have a strong work ethic and a willingness to learn quickly. You will be supported and mentored throughout your time with Talkative. This is a position at the Talkative HQ, next to the Celtic Manor Resort in Newport.
Full time positions and internships available.
- Design, build and implementation of new product features
- Working on existing products with the team
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimisation of product for maximum speed and scalability
- Varied work between front end and back end
- Implementation of security
- Customer deployments and support
- RESTful HTTP & WebSockets technologies
- PHP and related frameworks
- Experience of automated test platforms including unit & system tests
- Understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Interest in the latest technology
- Clear communication skills and a desire to work in a startup environment
- Self motivation, initiative and resourcefulness
- Understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, web functions and standards
- Any exposure to WebRTC and SIP would be a distinct advantage
We've built our product, got key early clients and have raised venture capital from well known investors. Now we need someone to help tell our story to the world. Are you that person? The role is varied and will require input into all areas of Talkative's marketing. There are many projects to get involved with, and consequently many opportunities to learn and grow.
In your first month, we will give you training on the product, market and clients. In your first year, you will be improving each aspect of Talkative's distribution and marketing. Specific tasks include website optimisation, creating collateral, creating web content, pricing strategies and market analysis. As Talkative grows, your role will change. You may have additional responsibilities, including hiring people to report into you. You will be working directly with the executive team and our designer. You’ll be given help and have time to learn, but you need to be ambitious and determined to succeed. You will be key to the success of Talkative and be a valued member of the team.
If you have want to put your business acumen to best use in a truly entrepreneurial environment, this is the position for you. If you are looking for a varied, challenging marketing role at a fast paced technology startup, get in touch!
Full time positions and internships available.
- Creation of content marketing resources
- Raising awareness of Talkative through online and offline channels
- Ownership of website traffic and conversion rates
- Managing all aspects of the website, including copywriting, SEO, and video creation
- Creating brochures, banners, and other marketing collateral
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Understanding of basic SEO and marketing principles
- Ambition and a strong work ethic
- Independent thinking and a problem solving mindset
- Interest in working in a startup environment
- Interest in new technology
As a Client Consultant, you will be meeting organisations to understand their issues and communicate the value of Talkative. This is a key role within the team as the company’s growth begins to accelerate. From prospecting through to client success, you will be involved with every aspect of the sales and client acquisition process. You will be supported by the founding team, and have access to ongoing mentoring to supplement an initial in-depth 2 week training programme. You will be measured on the amount of net new business you generate for Talkative. If you’re looking for an opportunity where you can develop your own skills and make a tangible impact, we’d love to hear from you.
You will be:
- generating leads and revenue from new clients.
- Articulating both the technical and commercial benefits of Talkative to organisations.
- Converting inbound leads into sales opportunities.
- Conveying market feedback on the solution to the engineering team.
- Helping to grow the team as the business continues to grow.
What are we looking for?
- Enthusiasm for Talkative and the role.
- Ambition and persistence.
- Discipline, initiative and ability to set targets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Empathy and interpersonal soft skills.
- Intelligence and ability to learn technical concepts.
- Interest in technology and startups.
- Some sales experience, ideally in software or related fields.
Why should you join?
- Attractive payment package that rewards high performance.
- The chance to sell an innovative, disruptive technology.
- Work with a supportive team and range of sales mentors to grow your own skills.
- Build relationships with a wide range of interesting clients.
- Be an integral part of an ambitious, growing technology startup with impressive backers.
Job listings are regularly updated. Please get in touch if you think you can help grow our company.
*** No agencies please ***